In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ZOLI & RIZZINI

rherhe Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to get info. on a Mod. 67EL S# 6395 Zoli & Rizzini side by side shot gun. I can not find it in the books I have. Do you know where I can look?Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well AntiqueDr and CaptKirk have done it again - they ran off and left me out here in the wind all by myself with an Italian shotgun question. I don't have their expertise, but I will do as much damage to it as I can.If you are thinking that you have a *RIZZINI*, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you do NOT have one of those.There is Rizzini, B. and there is Rizzini, E., and there is Rizzini, I. and then there is Rizzini, F. Illi. The *RIZZINI* is Rizzini, F. Illi.Sometime back, Rizzini, F. Illi was in a business arrangement with Antonio Zoli to make affordable, "off-the-shelf" shotguns for them. The are *NOT* the custom shotguns that Rizzini, F. Illi makes. These "off-the-shelf" shotguns were imported by Abercrombie & Fitch of New York and many of them have the A&F markings on the barrels. As near as I can tell, there was the Field Grade, the Deluxe Field/Lusso Grade, and the Extra Lusso Grade.All of them are box-locks and the Field Grade has extractors not ejectors. All of the grades were offered in 12, 16, 20, 28, and 410 gauges. The Field Grade in 12 or 16 gauge in good condition will go for about $500 - $650. The 20 gauge will bring a premium over the 12 and 16 gauges of about $100 more. The 28 and 410 gauges will command an even higher premium and go for $800 - $1000.The Deluxe Field/Lusso Grade has ejectors, better wood and has the scalloped receiver. They are fancier and go for $1200 or so in good condition and the 28 and 410 gauges command a 30% - 40% premium as compared to the 20% premium commanded by the 20 gauge.The Extra Lusso Grade is the top of the line that Antonio Zoli made for Rizzini, F. Illi. It is my belief that is the shotgun you have. If so, you need a professional appraisal. I would suggest AntiqueDr. He will sometimes do it as a service if you will pay the shipping cost both ways, since he has a weakness for fine Italian made shotguns as do I. He can be reached at www.ApaxEnterprises.com. Even if he were to charge you a small fee, it would be well worth it for insurance purposes on a shotgun that could be worth a snort over $2000.Alternatively, I believe CaptKirk is also in Kalifornia as you are. You can reach him at the e-mail address listed as the Moderator of this forum. You might be able to get together personally for him to have a look/see and give you an appraisal.You say how can all of this be bad news -- shotguns made by THE *RIZZINI* house are custom made shotguns and START at $40,000 for the bare bones models and can go well over $100,000 for the multi-barrel/multi-gauge sets with the "Fracassi" engraving.I am envious, as you can see from my profile, I am a teacher, and a well made Italian shotgun such as yours is beyond my checkbook's limits.[This message has been edited by AdamsQuailHunter (edited 10-27-2001).][This message has been edited by AdamsQuailHunter (edited 10-28-2001).]
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said, and not much more to add.The Zoli/Rizzini guns are still very nice guns. You do indeed have the Extra Lusso grade, which, if in excellent condition throughout, is trading in the neighborhood of $2250-$2500. Birding configurations bring more, as do smaller gauges.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    r.e.bobr.e.bob Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are unreal. None of my business but, Just my 2 cents. I love this site.anything and everything. Bob
    If you hit your target every time, you're too close.
  • Options
    rherhe Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for the help.RHE
  • Options
    dwgibson2000dwgibson2000 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this post is old, but how do you tell the difference between the Lusso grade and the Extra Lusso grade? Thanks for any help, considering a purchase.