In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Identify This Trigger Group

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Ask the Experts
I need help identifying this trigger group. It is very similar to one I removed from a Savage Model 29A slide action .22 rifle but there are differences. The only markings I see are a capital 'R' on each side of the grip and a tiny capital 'F' on the right side which I can't get a clear picture of. The last two pictures are of the model 29A for comparison. Any info will be appreciated.

[img][/img]DSCF10022.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10032.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10044.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10052.JPG

These 2 are of the 29A:

[img]mg]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/DSCF10106.JPG[/img][/img]

[img][/img]DSCF10115.JPG

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I thought this was for the Remington model 572 pump rifle in 22 caliber. However after looking at pictures in my parts catalog, the disconnector does not match the picture. This has a cut-out on the right front that I do not see in the picture of the 572. I know the lifter is missing from the right side. In the V cutout on the right there is the number 33 over a circle containing what looks like an O and a J. Any help in identifying will be appreciated.

[img][/img]DSCF100114.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF100216.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF100316.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF100420.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF100519.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF100618.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need to identify this trigger group. It has two"triggers", the front one is actually a cocking lever. The hammer is cocked when you push it forward. The only markings I see are a number on the right side just behind the trigger (4857) and the capital letter K on the left side just behind the trigger. I would like to know the make, model, and approximate value. Thanks in advance! Gunswapper.

[img][/img]TG13.jpg

[img][/img]TG23.jpg

[img][/img]TG32.jpg

[img][/img]TG41.jpg
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The two trigger mechanism makes it resemble the Werder rifles and Carbines used by the Kingdom of Bavaria, (Southern Germany), Army in the 1870's. I kind doubt if it is though?

EDIT #1, Also possible it's from a Spencer patent shotgun as made by Bannerman in the late 19th Century? See below photo.

b3c1e402837adc0a66577d1ab3eaa988.jpg
  • Options
    upjumtddeblupjumtddebl Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a look at the Union Arms pump shotgun listed on the auction side Pretty sure thats what it is.the shape of the triggers and the screw holes seem to match the receivers
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Union Arms and the Spencer both show a pistol grip stock. My trigger group has a straight tang. In picture #66 on the Union Arms the trigger guard loop matches mine almost perfectly but then the screw holes are way off. Possibly they made a straight grip model? Thanks for the input but I am still confused! Gunswapper.
  • Options
    upjumtddeblupjumtddebl Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having made a comparison of details I think it a Union arms part there were two design variations made between 1907 and 1913 and the earlier model had a rather elongated grip before it began to curve