In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AMMO questions

magicmanml2magicmanml2 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Ask the Experts
I'm the rookie with both 1903 colt hammer 38 auto and 1903 colt hammerless 32.
What's the difference between 38 short colt and 38 auto?
How about the difference between 32 ACP and 32 short colt?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    which of these ammo companies put out the highest quality product for the money. It is just fer target practice in most cases.
    Wolf
    Sellier & Bellot
    Silver Bear
    what is your expereinces with these
    has anyone used Sellier & Bellot Buck shot, was it any good.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My uncle who worked for the sheriff department gave me a lot of ammo, but they didnt come in boxes and I had a few questions about them.

1.About 50 rounds are Federal hollow points that I'm almost positive are 38 special, but the headstamp just says F C and 82 on some, 84 and 85 on others. I just want to make sure this is 38 special before I fire it since it isn't labeled.

2.A lot of the ammo is +p and +p+. I am shooting a Ruger Security Six and was wondering if it is safe you shoot this ammo in my gun.

3.This next one really had me puzzled because I'm fairly new to shooting. It's about 40 rounds of winchester 38 special, but the tip of the bullet head barely sticks out above the top of the case. From the side it looks like there is only a case with no bullet. I thought at first it was just junk but all of bullets are exactly the same. Have you guys seen this before?

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure before I fire this stuff. At least he also gave me 250 rounds of 9mm hydra-shok ammo. I know without asking that this is good stuff. Thanks for the help.

"To be prepared for War is one of the most
    effectual means of preserving peace"-George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    in a SW model 31 revolver. Can you safely shoot 32 SW short being that it shoots 32 SW long? Is it like 38special through 357mag?

Any one know prices on 32 rim fire ammo. I have 6 rounds of 32 rim fire long, and 3 rounds of 32 rim fire short that I need to sell.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greetings! The answer to #1 is yes. The answer to #2 is approximately a dollar a round.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the shipping of cartridges is about $12-13, whether you shipped them all at once, or shipped one. UPS GROUND.