In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington .25-10 R.F. & .22 Rifles

lakeroadsterlakeroadster Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited September 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have two Remington Rolling Block Rifles that I recently received from my Mother. I won't be selling them since there is some neat family history associated with them.

My grandfather bought one of the rifle for .25 cents when he was just a kid. It had a bullet stuck in it. He took it to his father who was a tool and die maker, and he made some tooling to remove the bullet. My grandfather is now 95 years old.

Just curious as to how old they are and about how much money they are worth. Both are in very good condition with the original blueing in good shape, both are in operational condition.

The following information is on the rifles:
Remington .25-10 R.F. J-298908
Remington .22 SHORT or LONG J287676

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

John

Comments

• Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are probably Model No. 4's, a boys rifle made ca 1890-1933. Most are takedown style, and weigh a little over 4 pounds.

Flayderman lists value of $175 for the No. 4 in Very Good condition

There's a lesser chance they could be the No. 1-1/2 or No. 2 models, which are larger, heavier models and worth more.
  • Options
    lakeroadsterlakeroadster Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1