In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W 38 K frame

wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Ask the Experts
what is it worth 38 S&W model 67 stainless rate about 95%+, no box. been shot very little.tight as was new

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There many variations, most significantly revision number & barrel length. Do an ADVANCED search on completed auctions & find some that are similar to yours.

Neal
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are real nice revolvers. Stainless version of the Model 15. Unfortunately the handgun market nowadays is 90% semi-autos. Either high cap Wonder 9's, or small self defense handguns. Because of this any .38 Special revolver is going to be severally handicapped as far as selling is concerned.

I would put it on auction with a starting price of $250 and hope that will bring out multiple bidders to hopefully cause the price to go up substantially.

EDIT #1, $500 is more than I expected it to bring. I would take the money and not look back.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you looked at the price of S&W revolvers, especially the older ones, like the 15, 19, 66, 67, 10 etc etc, they are becoming very collectable and the prices reflect that. Your 67 I would guess would sell for close to $400! Maybe more!
    If you decide to sell it, please post a link, I would be interested in bidding on it over on the auction side.
  • Options
    wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have had this gun for over 35 years been offered 500 cash.what i can find out they made very small qty. of these in stainless. they are remaking some that is the extent what ive found.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    About 10 years ago was the high water mark for police departments switching from revolvers to semi-autos. At that time the used revolver market was flooded with the surplused department revolvers, a significant portion of which were 38 spl. However, the last few years have shown a stabilization of the market as most of the surplused revolvers have found homes. As for price, check the completed auctions for ones similar to what yu have and see what the current price is.
  • Options
    BUCKAWHOBUCKAWHO Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somebody out there (rs) doesn't pay much attention to the S&W revolver market. A model 67 is one I don't have, mainly due to the high prices it commands if in nice shape. BT