In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Charles Daly O/U

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have a chance to buy a Charles Daly by Miroku in 28ga with 26 inch barrels. It is in nice condition and the price is 800. Is this a good deal or not.

Thanks
John

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Can I get any pro's and con's on the Charles Daly O/U shotgun and also who makes it for them? Any info is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a made in spain 12 ga 3" fixed choke single trigger select barrel o/u siver engraved receiver charles day marked "field" . Can't find a reference for this gun. Does anyone know the model or value,can only find miroku, or italian mfg.?????
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thts a tough one,,,they were/ are made in Turkey, Italy, Japan and I believe Germany,,depends what you have-100- 2k
  • Options
    Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had one that was made in Turkey.. Metal to wood fit was not very good. shot high and left on top barrel center right on bottom barrel. Patterning was very difficult so shooting consistant on trap and skeet was impossible.. i traded it for a Stoeger Condor O/U and am very happy..
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be apprehensive about buying any Charles Daly firearm. They went out of business 2/3? years ago. They might have just sold their name to some fly by night outfit. You might get stuck with some no name, orphan shotgun made in Outer Mongolia.
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were an "all right"shotgun..nothing special. The hammer spring in them is of the "leaf" or flat spring variety. When one breaks..you're in trouble. A real pill to replace.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Those are the answers I needed a thanks to all who replied. Terrill
  • Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little over 40 years ago, I bought a Charles Daly Superior Grade Trap shotgun manufactured by B.C. Miroku, Japan. It was of excellent quality, fit and finish were superb, function was perfect, fired thousands of shots over several years with never a problem. I traded it on something I wanted badly at the time,and since have regretted parting with it. If it is one of the B.C. Miroku manufactured Charles Daly guns, it might be a good one. Subsequently, Charles Daly guns were manufactured by various other companies around the world, and the current offerings, who knows?
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one last year at Cabella's library. Got it for $3 or $4 Huns, I forget. It was $100 on discount and another $100 coupon. I am happy with it. Made in Italy, by Beretta or Bernadelli. It looks like I would have to go to Italy and track down some secret code book to determine.
  • Options
    djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Current models ruin The legacy of the name
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lot of that going around.