In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rock River 1911

BrucemmgBrucemmg Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited June 2003 in Ask the Experts
Is anyone know anything about or has used a Rock River 1911 45 acp pistol? where are they made? How good are they? Thanks for input. Bruce

Comments

• azgunnut2@yahoo.comazgunnut2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have sold a few of these , with no problems (returns ect.) just keep in mind that "dealer" on a new one of these is only 309.95....
    contact us if you want to sell it......Thanks & Good Luck !!!!!
    azgunnut2@yahoo.com........

Join / Support the NRA
    Guns are my friends !!!
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out http://www.rockriverarms.com/
    They are made in Illinois. What model do you have?
    $309.95 dealer cost sounds low. AZ are you sure you're not
    thinking of Rock Island?

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe the previous poster is confusing Rock River (U. S. Made)
    and Rock Island ( Made in P. I.).
    Two different manufactures, big difference in quality and price between the two.
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Brucemmg.....they're very good indeed.

There's no comparison betweed a Rock Island and a Rock River.

Rock River was started by several ex-Les Baer employees and make a very fine, high quality gun.

New, they sell in the $1200-2000 range.
  • shootnstarshootnstar Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The former owner of Springfield Armory Inc. once told me that the owners/operators of Rock River Arms worked for Springfield for years. Rock River Arms is located in Cleveland Illinois near Geneso where Springfield Inc is located. As with many firearms manufacturers today, Rock River Arms uses several sub-contractors to meet their production needs, one is www.rbprecision.com. Having fired several of Rock River's firearms, including their AR15's, I was well pleased with the performance of their 1911's.