In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mr. Lobo 7mm shooting

martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hi, Your subject was locked. However may I suggest this. I found for guns with higher recoil, when shooting off the bench try letting your body roll with the recoil. This seems to work for me. Rather than trying to hold the gun rock solid. When your hunting you will never notice the recoil. Now my high power guns are only a 7mm mag. and a 350 rem mag. This works fine for me.

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Try this; Go to Tandy leather, buy a thick skin, put rifle butt on leather, cut out butt outline adding 1/2" for stitching, make a "butt cuff" out of the rest of the leather and lace the butt to the rest of the leather, put Sorbothane or gel mouse pad inside butt part and lace to stock.
    Mine cost $5.00, took 45 minutes (including driving across town for the leather), and makes the Ruger 300 Win Mag feel like a 30-30.
    It also adds that Western look that's so important at the range when you're surrounded by "dudes".

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    FOR REAL HEAVEY RECOILING CALS. (.460, .378 ECT.) A 25 LB. BAG OF SHOT BETWEEN YOU AND THE RIFLE BUTT MAKES ANY OF THEM SEEM LIKE A .22