In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

22 Blazer ammo

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Anybody have any experience with this ammo? Bought a brick of it for under $9.00. CCI usuallly makes decent ammo; just wondering how anyone else might have fared with this practice ammo. I've been less than thrilled with Thunderbolt even though it seems to work ok much of the time.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• cliffdropover1cliffdropover1 Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Much better than Thunderbolt. Not as good as CCI Mini-mags, but good practice ammo and works well in most .22's.

Hope this helps.
  • mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good. Maybe my only mistake was not buying more, but I can remedy that. Thanks!

• ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They shoot just fine,and they've been around for a long long time.I did an impromptu test of six brands of ammo in my old beater .22 a while back,and the Blazer shot as well...or is it as good??... as the five dollar stuff did.
    I"ve never cared for the Thunderbolts either.

Throckmortons' the alias,cas is the game.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot several bricks of them over the years. They are a little on the dirty side, but decent practice ammo.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hate CCI BLAZER!!! it is the most inconsistant, poorely made .22 ammo on the market. i carry several boxes of decent .22 ammo with me at all times to hand out at the range to folks who have been lured into buying blazer because of the low price.

for plinking, or teaching gun handling basics at short range its ok. it is inaccurate. its the worst grouping .22 ammo i have fired. spend a few pennies more per box and tighten your group up. best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the range. I shot roughly 200 rounds of the stuff and it did quite well in the 10/22 with rather tight groups at 50 ft. I suspect it's better then I am, but I'll have to shoot a bit more of it and compare it to some of the others to see how it stacks up.

Practice ammo is just that. No one expects something that costs a fraction of the good stuff to be as accurate, consistent or as clean.

• cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have had excellent accuracy results with blazers. i wonder if the blazer is the same as the mini-mag loading without the copper coat and a bit fancier packaging. seens to be the same powder.
  • db3sdb3s Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would direct interested parties to http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

...where the real rimfire crazies get serious about ammunition.[8D]

Just bought some Blazer for the first time, and have found it consistent and reliable, and without formal testing, about as accurate as Federal 711, for instance.
  • Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried out several different "cheap" 22 out in my target model 10/22. The blazers were the most accurate but they are a little dirty.

Jim
    edited November -1
    I bought two more bricks of the stuff yesterday. My Ruger is going in for customizing and I know I'll be shooting like mad the day it's done[:D]