In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger No 1

jonesj8jonesj8 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
Over the years, I've owned 3-4 Ruger No. 1"s. None of them would shoot better than about 2 1/2 MOA. I love the gun, but don't want another shotgun. Any current info regarding accuracy. THX Keith

PS I have reloaded for over 50 years

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Can a Ruger no 1, or similar break-open rifle be re-barreled??? If cartridge head is the same dia on both cal's. it solves the extractor prob. How about a 222 Rem, to 221 fireball. New bbl. THX Keith
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was the ruger no 1 ever chambered in 9.3x74? I found one at a gunshop and was wondering if it was a rebarrel or an original.

Thanks
    John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to know how accurate the ruger no 1 is if I do my part of course I am buying the stanless in 204 ruger any info would be helpful I am putting a leuopold vx111 6 to 25 off my remmington 700 sps bolt action which I have not been happy with
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, the 9.3x74 is to the best of my knowledge, not an original Ruger No. 1 chambering.