In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

222 sako

duker33duker33 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
ok i now i got a sako i have tryed many times to find the model number some say it is the old L46 but there is a 222 mag L469 that has the same design where the clip gose as mine what years did they make the L46 and when did they make the L469 anyone got any clues i know the gun is atleast 35-38 years old butr my dad might have had it before that PLEASE HELP I BOUGHT A CLIP FROM A AFTERMARKET SOURCE AND THE THING THAT HOLD THE CLIP IN DOSE NOT LATCH SO THE CLIP WILL FALL OUT

Comments

• Options
    duker33duker33 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dose anyone know the twist RATE ON A 222 SAKO L46
  • Options
    JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prior to 1959, there was the L-46 or L-57 Sako rifles. It was in 1959 that Sako made the modifications that called for the new Model designations.......hence, the "New" L-469 and the L-579 model rifles.
  • Options
    cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the L469 model was the same as the L46 except is was only chambered in the then "new" 222 remington magnum cartridge. It was only made for about one year befor the introduction of the sako vixen, L461 model which used a floor plate follower and magazine box similar to a miniture mauser as opposed to the earlier L46 clip fed action. You need to find a L46 magazine/clip for your rifle. The clip for the L469 is much longer, much harder to find, much more expensive, and very rare indeed. A L46 clip will set you back about $50-75. A L469 clip easily brings $150-200. L46 clips appear quite regularly on the web site that rhymes with flea bay.