In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FN Herstal Five Seven

gmccongmccon Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
Greetings,

I am looking for the ballistics of the herstal five seven. Can someone please direct me to a good ballistic source that would include this interesting round?

thank you,

greg

Comments

• Options
    leftytwogunsleftytwoguns Member Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These Belgian pistols fire 5.7x28mm bullets:
    The 5.7 x 28 round was developed in the 1980's by Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FN) of Belgium.
    FN 5.7 x 28 is a rifle caliber round, but shortened to be small enough to be used in pistols. This gives weapons in thr 5.7 x 28 caliber enormous magazine capacities. The FN P90 rifle has a standard magazine capacity of 50 rounds, while the FN Five-seveN pistol features a magazine capacity of 20 rounds.

The short barrel of the Five-seveN pistol pushes the 5.7 x 28 SS190 round to 2,133fps. The same round reaches 2,346fps when fired from the FN P90.

In an attempt to be environmentally friendly, most 5.7 x 28 ammunition is lead-free.
    Got this info from fort liberty. I do know from Herstal's website that Fiocci will be the company to mass-produce this cartridge.
    Left