In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mauser Model 45 22 cal. value/history

windhunter1windhunter1 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
What is the value/history of a Mauser Model 45 22 cal. bolt action clip fed rifle? This gun has a gray type of parkerization in very good condition. Both receiver and bolt serial number match. Heavy hardwood stock w/oil type finish. It is marked on top of receiver MAS Mod 45. Has a peep hole graduated elevation rear site and a blade front sight. Thanks for any help on this subject.

Comments

• Options
    BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a French Trainer. It should have MAS on the butt plate and MOD.45 on mag. Mine also has a front sight guard and sling came with it. It is grey park. 88XX ser.#. I paid 325.00 about 5 years ago and would not part with it at that price. It does have an import mark. You have a nice trainer.

Bill
  • Options
    windhunter1windhunter1 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your reply. Mine does have MAS on the butt plate and MOD. 45 on the clips(3). It does not have the front sight guard. There is a leather sling on mine but not sure if it would be original. How would you know if it is a French trainer? Mine does not have any import marks. Thanks again for your help.
    quote:Originally posted by BT3
    I also have a French Trainer. It should have MAS on the butt plate and MOD.45 on mag. Mine also has a front sight guard and sling came with it. It is grey park. 88XX ser.#. I paid 325.00 about 5 years ago and would not part with it at that price. It does have an import mark. You have a nice trainer.

Bill