In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dan Wesson 22 LR revolver

coloradoclintonscoloradoclintons Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have what i think is an old Dan Wesson 22 LR revolver. It was made in Monsoon Mass. but I dont know anything about these. The gun is as new. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about we start with a description of the revolver, and everything that is written on it (barrel length, number of shots, blued/stainless, etc) ??
  • Options
    yachtdaveyachtdave Member Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    should say Dan Wesson, Monson,Ma on the gun... Little holes are 22, Big holes are 357 or 44.
  • Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll try to be more helpful than others here. Some don't understant the "expert" part of these forums. Monsoon were the best ones that Dan Wesson made, Palmer were the worst. I like them better than the newer ones. Dan Wesson went broke back in 95, and was closed for 2 years. New Company opened up in NY in 97. Last year they were bought by CZ. The worst DW to have were the late ones from the first company. The 22 are great guns, if you check out auction sites you can find extra barrels and so forth. If the gun is blue it's a model 22, 98% shape about $225 by blue book, but I think that is very low. If in 98% shape or so I would be asking about $300. The bluebook for a stainless model (722) n 98% $255. One again low, but for DW there is not much price differnce in stainless and blue.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I 2nd the above. When properly made the Dan Wessons were very accurate revolvers - I think we're assuming you know one of the prominent features of almost all DW revolvers is the interchangeable barrel (within same caliber) system. DW made some that were not, but I believe those were 38Sp.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an 2 early Monsoon and like them a lot. 22calibers. Very underrated revolvers..Can't go wrong with them imo. nambu
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I learn something new each time I log on to GB.

I ran down to the safe and checked my old .22 DWA. Yep, it's a Monson. Thanks 1022 and nambu.