In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

any info on recalls of kimber ultra tactical

janasdad123janasdad123 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a new kimber ultra tack 2 .i went to fire it and spent rounds are jamming in the stove pipe and a new round is jamming in the chamber at the same time and also in the middle of firing a mag the slide release leaver comes on i called kimber they said send it back to them.great $40 shipping by fed ex the gun cost $950 a ready any body have any suggestions to fix the problem i shot 300 rounds thru it and n ow the range i go to wont let me shot anymore they said its a dangerous firearm is there a quick fix or am i totaly screwed and have to send it back to kimb er and wait a month

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello there has been a rash of kimbers that for one reason or other seem to have defective frame /barrels the magazine well is in the wrong place in relationship to slidestop pin hole this is what locates the barrel in relationship to slide and frame. To get these pistols to feed the feed ramp of barrel had to have so much metal cut away that it left TOO MUCH of the case unsuported and IMHO you are lucky the gun did not feed some of thes guns blew the case when fired. This at best blows grips off and magazine out the bottom. worst case this could make some of the cartridges in the magazine to also go off. This was at a time when kimber had some parts made for their pistols in ASIA I know some BULLS-EYE pistols smiths that will no longer work on Kimbers. I have heard that Kimber went back to former supplier.
  • Options
    janasdad123janasdad123 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    what am i to do now
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    IMHO I would gladly spend the money to send back to Kimber and strongly suggest they replace the gun. I think they know about the defective ones and may be glad to get yours back. They may even repay you for the shipping If you suggest they should make their product good as it is almost new.The key I believe is to use a nice but firm tone in your letter to them. Don't threaten them but ask if there has been any other reported defective pistols built in this time frame.Just my $.02 worth.