In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 60

catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a model 60 with a gold trigger. What is the significance of this? Is a "special model" or limited edition? I've never seen another one like it.

Marlin60.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Have a Marlin 60 that doesn't fire second bullet. It will feed 1st bullet into chamber and fire, eject and properly feed 2nd bullet into chamber. However it will not fire second bullet. The firing pin leaves a light indention on the second bullet. This indention is ligher than indention on first bullet which fired. Have checked to insure bolt is fully closing and disassemlbled, and thorghly cleaned and scrubbed all parts. It continues not to fire second bullet. If I place not fired 2nds bullet as 1st bullet in magazine it will fire, but will not fire second bullet. Any help appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Revelation 120 (Marlin 60 branded for Western Auto) .22LR with a 17 round tube, made in 1960. A great plinker and "unbelievably accurate" (good for me because I'm a terrible shot).

It has 2 problems:

1) Loading the first round always jams, once I move it into position with the help of a bent paper clip and close the block, it fires the next 16 rounds flawlessly. Anybody have any idea why it won't load the first round?

2) After the last round fires it's supposed to hold the bolt open half way but never does. Any idea why? Could these problems be related?

I know the gun isn't worth much but it's a lot of fun to shoot especially with the 17 round tube (don't make them anymore).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thx.

-L
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,984 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brophy mentions nothing about the gold trigger, but he also does not mention that on other models, and my model 81 also has a gold trigger. Probably you and I are just special. My wag is that it was added after a certain point in production as a cosmetic upgrade, say beginning in 1978 or whenever.
  • Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mine has the "gold" trigger, don't think there is anything special about it, its just a Marlin 60 that I picked up from Wal*Mart about 4 years ago (before I had been indoctrinated into the evils of this company, walmart that is, not marlin)
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my first model 39 also had the gold trigger and was advertised as the golden someting or other(mountie maybe)
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of my marlin 60's, 65, 75 have gold triggers. Its typical.
  • Options
    stetsonstetson Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My marlin 60 has a gold trigger.Nothing special.
  • Options
    DEG305DEG305 Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 783 has a gold trigger as well as both my 336's and I'm very special[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never knew I was so "special."
  • Options
    redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gold triggers dont mean much even if there brownings, which is where the gold trigger contriversy started.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And you can always have one plated. Unless its platic like a glock, then you paint it...rofl