In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester 94 Ranger - Suspicious

koolkoinskoolkoins Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
A seller on GunBroker.com is currently selling a Winchester Model 94 Ranger with a 16" barrel in .45 LC. He says "it says it on the box". Was this model/caliber/barrel length ever made. Sounds suspicious !
(koolkoins)

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    How about a link?
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure was, just sold one. Same as a trapper only have a hardwood stock rather than walnut
  • koolkoinskoolkoins Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What year/years was that model Ranger made. It's not identified in the Winchester 2004,2005, or 2006 catalog, except as a 30-30 with a longer barrel. Hmm....

koolkoins
    edited November -1
    Check out #43279799, page 5 of 5, under (search) Winchester 94.
  • bigcountry_75214bigcountry_75214 Member Posts: 494
    edited November -1
    What are the differences between a Ranger and a trapper? Is it just the barrel length?[:o)]
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What raises and eyebrow, see them all the time

PJ
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcountry_75214
    What are the differences between a Ranger and a trapper? Is it just the barrel length?[:o)]

RE: ( 05-06 Winchester Catalog) The Trapper is 34 1/4" overall length, 16" barrel, walnut stock and available in 30-30,.357, 44 Rem Mag, and .45 Colt. The Ranger is 38 1/8" overall, 20" barrel, hardwood stock, and only available in 30-30 caliber. This is according to the catalog...a significant difference. Maybe an older model Ranger was the same as the Trapper ? I don't know. But want to be sure of what I'm buying.
    koolkoins
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always thought the ranger was hardwood stocked and the trappers and regular 94's were walnut stocked. The rangers are what WalMart usually sells, they are a lower cost 94 because of the cheaper stock.
    This auction does not mention Ranger anywhere in the ad???
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=43279799
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe Chris is correct.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161
    I always thought the ranger was hardwood stocked and the trappers and regular 94's were walnut stocked. The rangers are what WalMart usually sells, they are a lower cost 94 because of the cheaper stock.
    This auction does not mention Ranger anywhere in the ad???
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=43279799

It's the hardwood stock, barrel lenght, and caliber thats different. I wrote the seller and he told me it was the Ranger model, which is the reason I questioned the specs. I'm just a novice at this and wanted to be sure. And I still don't know whether it's a 16" barrel Trapper or a 20", 30-30 Ranger ? At this point I think my gut feeling is to move on to another seller where things are more "clear". Thanks for your help.
    koolkoins