In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester 25-35

mshake33mshake33 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
My uncle has an old Winchester 25-35 that has been reblued. It looks brand new! The blue job was first class and is deep blue.

Serial is 868356 and it says 1866 on the barrel. It was handed down from his father-in-law who used the gun to hunt deer in Indiana in the 1930-1950's and stored since then.

The action is tight and the barrel is in great shape.

Barrel is nickel plated to use smokeless powder.

Anybody know what this gun might be worth? Is this cal large enough for deer?

Comments

• mshake33mshake33 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know what year the last 94's were made in caliber 25-35 WCF ? As always any info is appreciated.
    Terrill
    edited November -1
    Hi, I had a Winchester model 94, passed down to me but will be unable to keep it. I asked a gun/pawn shop what the value is, they said that the butt plate is a different one and the sight has been replaced, also has two small cracks on the forearm so they would give $300. I had asked a dealer about two years ago the value and he said it was in excellent shape (it is as good now), never mentioned the sight or butt plate but said it had never been reblued and was hardly shot so in good shape. He said he would not sell it even for $500 if it were his. Who is closer here taking a guess? The serial number for this is 1636926. They said it is from the 50's. Any help would be great, as i have to sell it but don't want it stolen from me.
    Thanks!!!
    edited November -1
    I was wondering what this may be worth. It is in rather good condition. I cannot find any references to this gun or even ammo.
    Does anyone know the value of this gun?
    cerel is 51576 aug 21 1894 25-35 wcf.

www.evans.owns.it
  • reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lord I'd sell my soul for that gun, too many projects going on right now though, to me its in the $500 ballpark. I had one of these back in the early 60s and loved it cannot imagine why I sold it
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You went to a pawn shop to sell a rifle and they told you it had problems and would only give you $300 for it, and you want to know if you can trust them? Get an appraisal from a knowledgeable dealer you are not going to sell it to.

Sure to bad you cannot keep it, it is a keeper for sure.
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much, I will tell them today no thanks. There is another gun dealer/pawnshop (he has about 10x the inventory) I will do just that, ask him for a better idea. Also get some good pictures of it so that people know better what i have if I advertise online someday. Maybe I should just give it to my mom?? Thanks again
    [:D]
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what it is worth, a Pawnshop is one of the worst places to go for a value estimate on a collectable Winchester[xx(]. If you can post photos of it (or send them to me at Win1885@msn.com), I can give you a fairly close value estimate. The graded condition will be the key factor in determining the value. Please include close up photos of the butt plate and the alleged replaced sight.