In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wyoming Arms 10mm looks like 1911?

SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
I've been looking at a Wyoming Arms 10mm pistol at a pawn shop and the price keeps sliding down as the months go by. It looks like a 1911 but some things aren't the same. Anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They had lots of problems with jamming and failures to feed properly.
    I wouldn't buy one unless I could shoot it first. The company has been out of business for a good while now so repairs and parts are a problem.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TWalker = have any idea what you are talking about? ever own one? are you just repeating rumor? thats how bad reps are made. I have one, runs perfectly -- all the time. It's a very simple machine, what could go wrong? Facts tw just the facts.
  • Options
    bigcountry_75214bigcountry_75214 Member Posts: 494
    edited November -1
    I have a longslide 45. Bought it new way back when they first came out. Have had no problems with it. At same time a buddy bought the 10mm. Had soooo many problems with it that he sold it. This is the only gun out of approx. 50 that he has sold. These guns were built on the same frame(9mm, 40, 45, 357, 10mm). The 10mm had so much recoil that the frame could not take the punishment. He took it to the range, fired a few rounds and mag. would fall out. Little later, front site fell off. Sent it in, came back with two or three more problems.
    I heard they went out of business doing the warranty work on the 10mm. I would pass on buying a 10mm. from Wyoming. Just my 2cents.[8D]
  • Options
    babybouncebabybounce Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had several of these guns in our shop. If you need any parts for these guns you are out of luck. The last one that we had was in for a broken ejector. We could not find one anywhere, and the gun is now hanging in a Dealers shop in Cleburne Texas. It has Fish hooks tied to it and has a sign under it titled Trotline Weight. I have to agree with some of the other writers that I would not buy one either. As MB Sams says this is the facts.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I owned one of these and was happy to get rid of it. It was not reliable and poorly made.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too had one in 10mm, which is just about the only handgun caliber I buy. Anyway, there's very few things that will interchange between it and 1911. I will probably buy another one at a later time to complete my 10mm collection, but it most certainly will NOT be shot...
    I am glad yours is working!
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.