In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem 742 ejection port cover replacement

yukon100jackyukon100jack Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
To anyone who might know.... how much disassembly is required to replace the ejection port cover on a 742? Mine is missing and I can only find plastic replacements which will have to do. I am hoping I don't have to remove the barrel and everything else to get the bolt out of the way.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope has left you....[:D] The barrel will have to come off. Wish I had better news for you. The barrel nut is the only hitch if you don't have the factory wrench. You could grind an open end wrench to clearance the action bars though.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    WITH A LITTLE FENAGLING YOU CAN WORK THE NEW COVER IN BY JUST REMOVING THE OPERATING HANDLE, YOU HAVE TO DRIVE THE O. H.PIN OUT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM (REMOVE THE FOREND ALSO TO MAKE OPERATING THE ACTION EASYER). MAKE SURE THE EJECT. PORT COVER SLIDES BACK AND FORTH EASY BEFORE REASSEMBLY.