In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

value of 40cal Baby Eagle

wulfmanwulfman Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have an IMI Desert Eagle 40 S&W compact model-steel frame/ decocking safety on slide in LNIB cond. Is it true this model is no longer made? Will it be worth more than a poly frame pistol? Any help will be appreciated. Thad

Comments

• Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot one of these pistols and could not believe that it recoiled up and to the right, I hope you have better luck with yours, I could not stand shooting the weapon.

Emmett
  • Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wulfman,
    These are desirable pistols - parts are generally availabe - they shoot well and are a clone or copy of the CZ-75 series. Your gun, in the described condition should retail for around 325-350 bucks. Never heard of any of these type guns recoiling to the upper right - bullet torque usually takes them to the left????????? I learn something new every day...
  • Options
    WickyWicky Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    found this old post and had to respond since I bought the .40 baby eagle recently...of all my pistols, I like this one the most for accuracy and recoil...bitchin' gun to say the least. Wish I had one in .45acp.
  • Options
    WickyWicky Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PS.
    I more or less inherited this gun and looking at the GB auction there are two baby eagles up for bid with minum cost at $475..
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And Tanfoglio made the same pistol (now making the EAA Witness) w/ slide mounted decocker in the early 90s and it sold for around $300 new. I paid $220 wholesale for one in 9mm thru a buddy w/ FFL.

Aside from the slide mounted decocker, they are a very good clone of the CZ75.

Definately worth more than the plastic frame Witness currently available...