In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NORMA DUAL-CORE BULLET?

ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have some vintage yellow plastic tipped "dual-core" Norma ammunition for my .308 Norma Magnum. Is this bullet anything special? Only reference I've seen is that the exposed cannelure "controls" expansion. Is this bullet something indeed special, or just some marketing jive? I.E. Is it just another solid core bullet, or is it "partitioned" as the title "dual-core" would lead One to believe?
Curious,
ENBLOC

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think it is a partitioned bullet. Tapered jacket and perhaps a duel core hardness along with the cannelure to help control expansion.

I shot a lot of Norma Match bullets in 303 and 8mm for the princely sum of a cent a piece. They were all nice bullets.
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those had two lead cores in the jacket.
    Rear one was fairly hard, front one was much softer.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    They are made with a soft steel jacket shaped somewhat like a Remington CoreLokt. In my testing of them several years ago they rated similarly to other conventional design bullets. It's a good big game bullet but nothing special.