In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Advantage Arms Model 422 derringer

rareblairrareblair Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have come across the above gun in my reading. It's a 4 shot derringer..big square barrel with 4 22 cal. bores, and a rotating firng pin that turns a quarter of a turn each time the hammer is cocked. I collect odd pieces, and this one caught my interest. I've been looking on this site (and others)but haven't seen one come up yet.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this gun? If so...What's your opinion?!?!

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I GOOGLED it, because I wasn't aware that Advantage Arms made derringers? I have two of their Glock .22 conversion units. That I'm very happy with.

According to Wikipedia, the Advantage Arms Co. that made the derringers. Were only in business a couple of years. Dating to the mid 80's. Likely a lot of them aren't still in circulation, after almost 30 years?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they are a copy of the Sharps. My friend Mr. 45-70 had one on display with his hand built 45-70 wheel gun.

http://www.horsesoldier.com/products/firearms/handguns/6346

added yes not the same pistol. The little Sharps copy was OK quality, not sure now who made that one. I haven't seen it since the mid 70's.
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Advantage Arms guns were a copy of the Mossberg Brownie, I believe-not the Sharps.
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think bill is right. The mossberg brownie was a DAO design, while the sharps is single action. i've got an HGS out of Brownsville, TX that is a copy of the sharps in stainless that i need to find a hammer for, and Navy Arms made a copy as well in 22 short same as the originals. The sharps design had the barrels slide foreward to reload, while the Brownie/AA models were a kind of break action to load.
  • Options
    KEN_WKEN_W Member Posts: 1

I have been the proud owner of one in 22mag, nickle plated, in excellent condition. As of today, I am thinking of putting it up for auction with a starting bid of $900.00 with $50.00 shipping. Before I do, m

y email is khrystalize@msn.com.