In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Accessing Archives from 2009-2010

MetalMan2015MetalMan2015 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

I am looking to access archives from my account from 2009. I had purchased a pistol and am looking for the serial number. I can log into my account fine but cant find it. The system says that "Sorry no longer available." Does GunBroker save these records for police use? Is there a website that archives GunBroker records? I tried archive.org but they dont have that page. Just looking for the serial number that was in the listed page.

The gun was recently stolen during the move to the new house along with its paperwork. I never thought to write the serial number down on separate papers because I had the pistol sales receipt for it. The police need the serial and I was not smart enough to make electronic copies. My other guns that were stolen are in the firearm database but strangely this one was not in the pistol registration database. I guess unfortunately this happens. Im just glad that I shipped my nfa items myself. Believe me, if I could have fit them all in my vehicle, I would have! I took many pictures but the serial numbers are not readable. So it is just this one that I am looking for that I purchased here on GB in DEC 2009 or early Jan 2010.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If GunBroker doesn't have it and assuming your pistol was not an antique or C&R gun that went directly to you, your FFL will (supposed to) have a copy of the serial number and Info of the 4473 in their bound book for up to 20 years...hopefully they are still in business and willing to look.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You are going to have to contact Gun Broker customer service and ask them about archived auction records. Typically after 90 days completed auctions are no longer viewable but exactly how long GB actually maintains them I don't know. I suspect that any records would only include data such as who made the sale, who the buyer was and the final sales price. After five years the actual content of the auction listing and a serial number would be of little use to Gun Broker since they are not involved in the actual firearms transfer. Customer service is you best bet, no one in the forums can help as the two are not connected.