In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USRA classic mod 70 270

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
Where can I send this rifle to have it rebarreled with an original barre in the same caliber? USRA customer service states they will not rebarrel. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might contact Nonsense, one of our mods. For his input.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think a competent local gunsmith would be able to do the job. I would look at after market barrel as the price shouldn't be that much more.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geri,

Unfortunately, the factory doesn't handle requests such as yours. It's not in line with their mission and abilities.

I think the right way to handle this type of request is to let you, the owner, track down a new (if available) or slightly used barrel in the contour and cartridge you desire. Supply this and your original action to a gunsmith and let him fit the barrel to the action and get it headspaced and timed correctly.

Best.
  • Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. Looks like I will be rebarreling this. Original ruined by improper cleaning. It's a shame. Thanks again.