In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leupold scope question

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
Whats the REAL differnce Between a Leupold VXII and a VXIII Rifle scope? I have been a long time leupold Owner and own and hunted with Both models (Old style) for years and cant see the differnce They are both Brite and reliable,I know the Features of both scopes but still cant see the diffence between the two when i put them to USE,And whats the deal with the NEW Cheap priced VXI Any Feedback on these?
I am a Dedicated leupold fan and wont deal with any other,Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a rifle with a leupold 1.5-5x20 Vari-X III scope on it. It takes very, very little effort to change the power settings from one to another. I have other Leupolds and all of them take 3-4 times the effort to change powers. Is this something that would concern you? Should I send it to the factory for evaluation or just live with it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello all, i was considering a leupold "Rimfire" scope (4x compact) for my marlin 35 remington . this scope would be a the perfect size and power for my purpose. my question is..............the fact it is a rimfire scope would it hold up on my centerfire as a standard VX-I or vx-II..ect centerfire scope would? is the only real difffernces the facts that the paralax is shorter and the reticle is a fine duplex? your thoughts?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    daddytdaddyt Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    all it is going to cost you is the shipping to send it back to them for an evaluation. one of the many things I love about Leupold-lifetime warranty. if you have a question about it by all means send it back and they will fix it or tell you nicely there is nothing wrong with it. just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a great scope. And you've been given good advice. If it were mine, I'd send it in. Leupold has excellent service.
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some Leupold scopes (of all ages) that are as you describe.
    I also have some that gloves have to be removed in cold weather to adjust their power settings.

I prefer the scope adjust as you describe. (without a lot of friction)
    A test would be to do a internal fog test.

None of my leupold scopes fog internally so I leave them as is.

Leupold has a REAL GOOD customer service dept, (one of the best)
    I just hope to hell (and pray) that Smith and Wesson don't ever get involved with Leupold and screw up the CS like they have T/C.

S&W customer service sucks big air.