In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Czech 24 (t)

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
Got one of these out of the safe and can't find a value for it. Mismatched bolt, walnut stock, WaA marked, 1941 date. About 85%. Ballpark value??? None for sale on the auction side.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a lot of collector value in non matching. I have had a few vz-24 and they were nice shooters. More than 20 on auction right now. I really like the workmanship of 98's 36-39 stuff myself. By 44 the quality was literally bombed out but the one I had still shot ok.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gary wray,

As whole there is little value in mis-matched parts rifles.

If this is truly a VZ-24 then the fact that it's mis-matched has little bearing on the value of the action. If the bottom metal and action with bolt are intact and in good or better condition then some of the better custom builders will likely be interested.

Best.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You didn't note if it still had the German "dou" chamber marking? If it does? Probably would have value over and above it's value, as a Mauser reworked into a custom sporter.

Although the G.24t's, were made in substantial numbers early in the war. 70+ years of attrition has reduced the numbers substantially, available to collectors. Who are seeking that specific variation.

EDIT #1,

1/4 of a million originally made. Never figured that they were that rare? To bring that kind of money. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One ended on the other auction site for $2880.00
    These are quite rare in military condition.
    I sold an action and barrel to a guy to put back together ($500.00)More info here
    http://candrsenal.com/rifle-mauser-g24t/

Dave
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hoosier
    One ended on the other auction site for $2880.00
    These are quite rare in military condition.
    I sold an action and barrel to a guy to put back together ($500.00)More info here
    http://candrsenal.com/rifle-mauser-g24t/

Dave

Yes, that is what I thought. While the vz's are not rare, the German WaA are....I let a friend take this rifle of mine to a local gunshow and few actually knew what they were looking at. He called me today to tell me that one guy at the show had a matching 24(t)on the table for $2500! So I am figuring that mine is worth $800 os so. Not many of them left with the German birds on them!
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    The proper bolt for those is straight. I had been looking for a proper stock for one for about 10 years. I finally got one out of Bulgaria last year.
    If it's all the correct military parts, they go, depending on condition with a mismatched bolt, for $700-$1500.
    Very few people even know what they are.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    The proper bolt for those is straight. I had been looking for a proper stock for one for about 10 years. I finally got one out of Bulgaria last year.
    If it's all the correct military parts, they go, depending on condition with a mismatched bolt, for $700-$1500.
    Very few people even know what they are.

p3skyking.....how right you are. My buddy took mine to a VA gunshow and got one lowball offer....I had it marked for $450. He told me that it got more looks than any other rifle nearby but no one really knew what it was. It has nice stock, all mismatched (dou code) and even has its cleaning rod and correct Mauser sling. Just going to put it back into the gunsafe for another time, I guess. He did sell my all matching P38 AC 42. Thanks guys for the feedback![:)]