In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Disappearing E-Mail?

rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
Just got contacted by a friend who still on the auctions. He is negotiating a deal for one of his guns.

The problem is as soon as he opens the e-mail from the other party, it disappears like it never existed. My computer knowledge is extremely limited. So I told him, I will ask you guys. Can anyone explain this in a non technical manner? And how to recover the e-mail's for later reference?

Comments

• Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Just got contacted by a friend who still on the auctions. He is negotiating a deal for one of his guns.

The problem is as soon as he opens the e-mail from the other party, it disappears like it never existed. My computer knowledge is extremely limited. So I told him, I will ask you guys. Can anyone explain this in a non technical manner? And how to recover the e-mail's for later reference?
    same thing here,I asked a seller a question,it was there then when I checked the mail later it was gone but comes back then goes away.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Are you using the same piece of equipment to check the emails?
    I mean, I had a similar dilemma, and when I checked my "email on the web", the emails I had seen while logged in to my ISP's mailbox were gone.
    I discovered that if I want to see and retain all my emails, that I have to be logged in to my ISP account to read, save, archive, etc., and that when I accessed the emails from any other device; only what showed up were newer emails that I hadn't opened on any other device.

Here's hoping your fix is that simple...
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Are you using the same piece of equipment to check the emails?
    I mean, I had a similar dilemma, and when I checked my "email on the web", the emails I had seen while logged in to my ISP's mailbox were gone.
    I discovered that if I want to see and retain all my emails, that I have to be logged in to my ISP account to read, save, archive, etc., and that when I accessed the emails from any other device; only what showed up were newer emails that I hadn't opened on any other device.

Here's hoping your fix is that simple...

From what he told me only certain e-mails are disappearing? All from the same individual, only. Thats what is so strange? Almost it seems that the originator of the e-mails set a switch or something. To delete the e-mails, after they are opened the first time. Like he only wants certain e-mails to be kept as history on the hard drive. Other ones are to be opened once, then disappear.

He didn't say. But I got the feeling the guy who is sending the e-mails. Is one of the paranoid nervous types. Who doesn't want to leave any sort of trail of incriminating evidence.