In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Selling Question

bob6464bob6464 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
Im new on this site, can someone explain to me the correct selling procedure at GunBroker.com? Also how is chosen the ffl deaker were the firearm will be sent? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Good morning all, I was wondering how does one privately sell a gun to another person? What are the requirements that must be met? What are some safeguards for the seller as far as liability of the weapon that is being sold? All answers and responses are greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a question about selling a war trophy that I have. It is a Soviet misslie launcher. It is the 9K111 Fagot as seen in this wiki link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K111_Fagot

Pic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:POLK_9K111_Fagot.jpg

It looks just like the pic in the above wiki link with the exception that it does not have the tube.

My question is...Does anyone know if I can legally sell this on Gunbrokers and legally ship it via USPS/UPS or would I have to use an FFL?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,

New to the board. I have a question. I'm 20 years old, I live in Florida. I bought a handgun in a private sale, (legal as long as your 18 here) now since I'm not 21 yet, will I encounter any problems selling it on Gun Broker?

If this is the wrong board to post this one, sorry I couldnt find one for such an unusual question as the one I have.

Thanks in advance for your response.

-Tony
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hope this is the right area! I am thinking of listing my old Ruger Single Six. I have never sold anything, but have bought quite a bit. As an individual am I required sell ship to an FFL or can I go direct to a buyer?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will find most of your questions answered on the FOR SELLERS tutorial, which can be accessed from the GunBroker homepage.

To answer your question directly, you may transfer a gun directly to an individual who is a resident of your own state (state & local law permitting) OR to an FFL in any state.

There are a few exceptions (you can transfer a C&R firearm directly to a C&R licensee in most states). You can usually do a SEARCH on specific questions (like shipping) on this forum.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be sure to get your ducks in a row, prior to shipping to California. Or any of the other States, that have very stringent gun laws.

California in particular. Ship through a 01 dealer who has knowledge of the CA DOJ regs. If you don't and it might received by a FFL in CA, and be stuck in limbo. With him not willing to transfer it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and again thnank you. I will be very careful.