In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 94 .41 Rem Mag

bradzilla64bradzilla64 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to find out if Winchester made a Lever Action Model 94 chambered in a .41 Remington Magnum? I know Marlin made one for a brief period. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester did not. The U.S. Repeating Arms Co. may have made them though, but I do not know.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    50 years in the gun business and have not seen one.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a Browning 92 pattern .44, so I'm guessing a .41 on that action could be reasonable, though I've not heard of one of those either.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, Winchester, has not made any such beast on either the 1892, or 1894 framed guns, in 41 Remington Magnum. As a 41 Magnum lover of the past few years, I have checked into that, and don't ever recall seeing one in my almost 40 years of gun collecting either.

The Marlin fire arms company have made a very few of them, and if you can find one, you had better snatch it up quick, as it will most likely will not be around for very long.

Best
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one of the first run Marlins in this caliber (.41 Mag.) and love it. Also in .45 Colt, .32-20, .25-20.
    THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO ANYONE EXCEPT MY DAUGHTER, when I give up this life, and I DO NOT INTEND TO GIVE IT UP!!!! until I am shot by an jealous husband on my 107th birthday.

For GOD and COUNTRY.

Not as Lean[:D][:(!]2X as mean[:(!][:(!]But STILL a MARINE[}:)][}:)]

Vet
  • Options
    CSI21CSI21 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure a 94 could be rebarreled by a compentant gunsmith. Not sure if the .44 has a difference overall length than the .41 but that is where I would start.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want one in .41 Mag you might want to give Wild West Guns up in Anchorage or their shop in Vegas a call. They do all sorts of work on leverguns--mainly Marlins but they should be able to do it. They are also a seller on the auction side. I have been in their Anchorage shop and they have some really amazing rifles they make up there.
  • Options
    yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 943 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WWIIVet,
    I hope I am as full of pi$$ and vinegar as you are when I turn 107!