In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pivoting scope mount for Marlin 336

yonsonyonson Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
Have a 1951 336 in 35 Rem. (shooter) & need to mount scope. Have been using another 336 for years with see-thru mounts & am very happy with it. However, am considering pivot scope mount, wondering if Weaver pivot mounts available anywhere. Guys?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See stuff like that on gunshow tables. You might try posting in the wanted forum.
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    I have some of the pivot rings for sale, but do not recommend them. I've seen too many times over the years that someone has snagged their scope on a branch while hunting which moved the scope enough so when they did jump a deer the scope was off enough to cause them to miss the shot. When Weaver first came out with a pivot mount they were a big deal cause you could also use your sights if you had a foggy or snow filled scope, but have fallen out of favor with hunters because of the scope being accidently off when needed in a hurry. I've seen just firing the rifle a few times loosen the scope so you couldn't hit where you were aiming.
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    41 nut, thanks for the heads-up. Will go with see-thru mount which I know already works for me.