In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 710 Mag release

TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
Okay my nephew emailed me, he broke the mag release on his Remington 710.
Never having dealt with the Remington 710, what kind of problem is this going to be to replace.
Told him he needs to send the gun down with his father so I can look at it.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a very common occurance with this model of Remington. They get brittle and just come apart. Remington will sell you the part for $10(thats what it cost me a few month ago including shipping)[xx(]. It's pretty easy to replace it. You just take the action out of the gun and it snaps back in--it was a little tricky at first but there are videos on youtube on how to do it because it fits in the slot either way but won't secure the mag unless it is installed the correct way. In the future tell him to be careful when putting the mag back in and not to douse that area with solvents.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger41 tells you what needs to be done to repair that rifle. The best fix for it is to throw it in the garbage can, and get him a Remington 700, or a Savage 110.

Best
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Model 770(same exact gun) in for service.

Have it sent in & let them fix it.

Then, sell the POS and get a quality gun. That's what I'm going to do if/when I get mine back.
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks.
    I told him before to get rid of the gun but he got it cheap so he wants to keep it.