In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Redfield 102-E Base Mounting Screws?

coicecoice Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me where I could purchase the two mounting screws that would mount the base of a vintage Redfield 102-E receiver sight to the receiver of my Winchester? Will any receiver sight mounting screw work? Are they a standard size? The rifle has already been drilled and tapped for the receiver sight and I am just looking to replace the sight that was once on it. Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but this will be my first Winchester with a receiver sight. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were made to use 6-48 thread hardened machine screws. These are NOT obtainable from hardwaretores, but are available from Brownell's, Williams Gunsight, and some gun stores. If your rifle is old enough to not have been FACTORY drilled and tapped, it may be for some other thread.
  • Options
    coicecoice Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by richarda
    They were made to use 6-48 thread hardened machine screws. These are NOT obtainable from hardwaretores, but are available from Brownell's, Williams Gunsight, and some gun stores. If your rifle is old enough to not have been FACTORY drilled and tapped, it may be for some other thread.

Richarda,

Thank you for the insight. I will try to find some screws that you have described to see if they fit. The Winchester is a 1927, thus I do not believe it could have been factory drilled. I appreciate the help.