In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BEEBE ARMS CO. 12GA. SINGLE SHOT

peedadpeedad Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I am wanting any information of this gun that anyone might have. I appreciate it very much. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    From this link: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=214984

"Between 1880 or 1890 to 1940 it was quite popular for wholesalers or retailers to want shotguns with names of their own choosing to sell. The major makers were only too happy to meet this demand. These guns are now commonly referred to as "Trade Brand Name" shotguns.

Guns with the name BEEBE ARMS CO were made by one of two makers, Harrington & Richardson Arms Company or the Hopkins & Allen company. Harrington & Richardson were in business from 1871 to about 1975 and then a new maker using the same name took over.There is no relation between the old and new maker. Hopkins & Allen was in business from 1868 to 1915. I have no serial number-year made tables for either maker. I would guess your gun was made some time between 1900 to 1915 depending on who made it. I have no knowledge of who it was made for and sold by."

Value would be comparable to your New White Powder Wonder.
  • Options
    Ned FallNed Fall Member Posts: 662
    edited November -1
    Spider
    I'm going to have to accuse you of palergism and breaking my rice bowl. (Need an explanation for that one?)
    Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you and your bug