In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Renaissance Wax--Pro or Con?

Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
My Pre-64 Model 70's stock really got roughed up this year during the second day of PA's deer season when I got caught in a series of prolonged downpours. Not only did exposure to persistent, heavy rain result in the loss of some of the original stock finish, but the underlying wood got waterlogged in spots. I was discussing this sad state of affairs with a guy I met at a recent gun show and he mentioned Renaissance Wax, a product he uses and claims to be almost a miracle sealant for both wood and metal. There have been a few posts in this forum about Renaissance Wax, but mostly the discussion revolved around how to apply it. I've never used it. I would love to hear from folks who have, specifically pros and cons. If not Renaissance Wax, is there another product that would help protect a gun stock from the elements? Thanks.

Comments