In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 770, did they fix the quality issue?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
or is it still a POS?

Wal-mart had them on sale for $275 on Black Friday.

I did a search here and didn't find any threads where anyone had a good opinion of them.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, they are the discount gun. If you need inexpensive, look for a Savage or Stevens
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Henry0Reilly,

Unfortunately, this will have to remain another one of Remington's abyssal failures which they refuse to make right by removing it from the market. I can't suggest or recommend even considering buying one of these no matter what the discount price is.

Best.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HenryOReilly,

You have been given great advise. If you are considering these, or a Savage Edge/Axis(They don't even have a functional recoil lug attached o the action), then don't. You asuredly will be regretful later.

Best
  • Options
    ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are junk. Stevens 200 is a good buy for the money.

AT
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    or is it still a POS?

Wal-mart had them on sale for $275 on Black Friday.

I did a search here and didn't find any threads where anyone had a good opinion of them.

They aren't worth $275!

Buy a savage...hell an army surplus for $100 would be a better gun than a 770![:(!]
    001-4.jpg
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if money is tight do the stevens 200. if it is cheaper than 200 look for a used savage 110.if you can ny up i think about 350.00 the marlin xl seires is nice. alot of people will say the 710/770 is junk.i think new out of the box there are just better options for your money
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the opinions. I won't be buying one.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JUNK !!!!!!!!! Buy the Savage Axis, Mossberg Trek or Stevens 200 for in exspensive combos . Highly recommend Savage Axis..