In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL Transfer New Dealer

rabump199rabump199 Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I hope you guys can give me some advice. I am a new dealer and one of my first transactions is a customer that has 10 long guns that he sold to another person out of state that are going to a FFL in the buyers state. I have not done a transfer yet going out. I feel like a knucklehead for asking but need some advice. I have looked in my ATF bible my IOI rep gave me but cannot find where or how to do this and are there any specific things I need to do with the volume of rifles. I know I need the receiving FFL information and license. Will use the ezcheck, my end I need my customers drivers license information but do I just log the rifles into my A&D book then out as a transfer, create the invoice for the customer for the cost of shipping listing each rifles description. The NICS check and 4473 is done on the other end if I have read it right. I could use your advice. Thank You

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would help if you noted your State and City of residence. The reason I say this is some States and Cities have their own requirements for the transfer of firearms.

Years ago I contacted a dealer in PHX regarding the shipping of a handgun. He told me that because of the local "Pawn Shop Laws" he couldn't ship a pistol immediately. Had to run it through his books, hold it for a week or 10 days, and submit serial number and other data to local PD. What a crock of S**t.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry I forgot. I live in New York State, Schenectady County.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    if going to another state log into you A&D book with customers name and start shipping to the other FFL upon getting copy of lic provide a list of guns with the info for other FFL
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Shoot an e-mail to MFI http://forums.gunbroker.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5470

John's a longtime dealer in Hancock, NY, and I'm sure he would be glad to guide you.

Do you have a shop? I'm in Richmondville, NY, not far from you, and would be happy to pay you a visit.

Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As said above, it would help if you told us what state they are going to. If they are going to California you have to register with the attorney general of CA and get a number assigned to each gun going to CA. before you ship it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Spider, will send you an email. Well cleared a few things up with the gentleman, he runs an auction service here in NYS and needs a new ffl rep for his auction service. Wants me to run the backround checks and arrange for the transfers of firearms. I think I am backing away from this one. I don't have enough experience for this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rabump199
    Spider, will send you an email. Well cleared a few things up with the gentleman, he runs an auction service here in NYS and needs a new ffl rep for his auction service. Wants me to run the backround checks and arrange for the transfers of firearms. I think I am backing away from this one. I don't have enough experience for this.

I'm looking forward to your e-mail. We could use a good, new dealer around here. Thanks!
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    1. access GB member 'MFI's profile. E-mail him, as well as Spider.

2. place store's name, and business address into the signature box in your own profile. It will appear in all the posts you make, as well as all the posts you have made in the past. Make sure you have an active E-mail address in the appropriate box in your profile, also.

I'm up in the mountains of NY (Greene County), and would give you the business, also. Best, Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds great guys, Thanks.

Bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rabump199
    Sounds great guys, Thanks.

Bob

If you would like to participate in the Gunbroker FFL transfer program for auction guns, please register here on the auction side:

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/FFLSignUp.aspx

It's a great way to get publicity for your shop!

Givette and I would be happy to give you a plug in the forums once we visit you!