In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rossi Wizard and Barrels????

Hunter7mmHunter7mm Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
If I bought a Rossi Wizard say in 243 and late I wanted to buy an additional barrel say in 308 could I do this? It is my understanding that you can only buy matched pairs and not any barrel that you might would like to add later, like the T/C Encore.[:D] A friend believes that you can buy a Wizard with 1 barrel and then later if you want buy a second barrel and even a third barrel to go with it, is this true[?] Any help?

Comments

• Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    according to Rossi you can, the wizzard is different than the pairs, its a different line, any WIZZARD barrel will fit the wizzard receiver. I think they have 23 different rifle and a 6 shotgun and a few M/L to choose from
    http://www.rossiusa.com/hot_items.cfm
    Now with that said the matched pair line most likley use the same barrels as the Wizzard line but they dont advertise them that way
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FYI, i hate my Wizard. CHEAP sights,very high primer hits..so high it won't fire 5 kinds of factory ammo.the transfer bar broke in the 1st month so had to ship it back for repair.so so accuracy with several different scopes and shooters.I"m talkig It just plain sucks at 100 yards.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do alot of trading and have ended up with a couple of the matched pairs. I can say I agree, the plastic sights are a joke and if you want to hit the side of a barn you better be inside with the door closed