In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

camillus knife

stagger806stagger806 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I bought a camillus pocket knife yesterday. Its the hawkbill type. Its marked camillus new york usa on one side and 1 on the other. Someone has also etched B3918 on the handle and blade. I was wondering if this could have been used in the military and if the B3918 is a id. If you have any info let me know thanks.

Comments

• Options
    322nd322nd Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are the handles made of, bone?
    The practice of WWII Army soldiers and well into the 50's and even after was to ID their personal equipment with the first letter of their last name followed by the last 4 digits of their serial number.
    It sure appears to be a soldiers personal knife!

Would love to see a picture!

Kim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can't post pics right now sry. The handle seems to be some kind of plastic, nothing modern though. It has some age to it. Also seems to be a dark brown almost black. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can't post pics right now sry. The handle seems to be some kind of plastic, nothing modern though. It has some age to it. Also seems to be a dark brown almost black. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    edited November -1