In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

T/C Encore forend: what should I look for?

Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I bought an Encore .22lr with a Super 16 bbl. No forend.
There is a single stud on the bbl 4 3/4" from the frame.
Is that a good enough a description to post on the Wanted Forum?

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have an Encore, then the Super 16 barrel will not fit it, as the Super 16 was only made for the Contender, if memory serves me correctly.

That said, could you post pictures of what you have, and we might be able to offer up some suggestions.

Best
  • Options
    Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's why i asked.
    The gun has a buttstock with the ATF warning on the butt, and the Super 16 barrel attached to the frame.
    So, it's a Contender?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bill Jordan
    That's why i asked.
    The gun has a buttstock with the ATF warning on the butt, and the Super 16 barrel attached to the frame.
    So, it's a Contender?

Yes sir, it is a Contender you have there, and it appears to be a very valuable T/C Contender Carbine Kit. Until a few years ago, those were the only ones that could be changed back and forth from a rifle to a handgun, legally in the eyes of the BATFE.

That is also a very neat little rifle for teaching young ones with. It is a true treasure.

Best
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Look for a contender or G-2 carbine forend.
    I really screwed up selling the 223 16" T-C carbine I had. They are sweet shooters.