In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Online Concealed Carry Class - WI

Sparty_76Sparty_76 Member Posts: 714 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
Is there a good online class that will satisfy the new Wisconsin Concealed Carry Law?

Comments

• Options
    rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if DOJ is even allowing on-line classes. The AG and the legislature can't seem to get on the same page. I do know Gander Mountain is offering the training for $99 if that helps. I just submitted my DD-214 from the Marine Corps and retirement orders from the Army and that was good enough. The permit is just like a credit card, no picture or anything.
  • Options
    ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    I don't know of anything online either. Check with your local vocational school. I took mine at the vocational school in Eau Claire. It was taught by the Wisconsin DOJ and was only $15.00. Good luck!
    Tom
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    there are several 'free' classes planed around the state also
  • Options
    Jim RehmJim Rehm Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Per the Wis Dept of Justice web site, an online training course is not acceptable to meet the training requirement for a concealed carry permit.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tfitz54
    Is there a good online class that will satisfy the new Wisconsin Concealed Carry Law?

Have you had a hunter's safety class? Seems to be some confusion with some people that tell you it is a MUST to have a CCW class.

If you have not had a Hunter's Safety course or already knew everything I stated above, I apologize. I just have heard too many people think they had to have it. It is still a very good idea to take a class or two none-the-less.

Jon
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A hunter education program established by Wi. or another state that is recognized by the Wisc. DRN will be honored.
  • Options
    Sparty_76Sparty_76 Member Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. Lakeshore Technical College offers a class . I will try to get in one of those. I taught hunter safety in my home state of Michigan but that was 23 years ago. Michigan DNR must not keep records that far back as I tried to get some record. My birth year in Michigan did not have to take hunter safety. Happy New Year!
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mich. should have records going back further than that. Call the DNR as the records should be on micro fish. If you find a friendly person they can and will put it up so you could retreive it on line.
  • Options
    ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    Take the class anyway, I think you'll find it pretty educational. I've been into guns for at least 50 years. Learned some things I didn't know.[:)]
    Tom
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wisconsin records only go back to 1966 I think. I took a Hunters safety course when I was in High school and it was through the NRA, but no records I can find exist. My service records worked, and Im still going to go to a course at the technical school for the $15 mentioned before.