In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gew 98 parts

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have some imperial marked small parts(front band,back band, bayonet lug, rear site etc. for a Danzig 1916. Went on another site and someone is interested in buying some of these. How in the world do I price these out. I want to be fair but have no idea what to ask?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the various on-line dealers, i.e. GPC, Jack First, est. See what GEW 98 parts are going for. Cosmetic condition has a great bearing on parts such as these. If yours are factory original, in very good to excellent condition, with no pitting, they would be desirable to a collector of German imperial firearms.

EDIT #1, No way is a G 98 parts gun going to be worth $3,000. If you believe that you probably still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny.

As far as that Sons of Guns, reality/fantasy show. They were just ran out of business by the feds, according to the scuttlebutt on another site. The feds pulled the main man's FFL for assorted hankypanky.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    According the "Son's of Guns" TV show,if you can gather enough mismatched parts to build a rifle, it might be worth $3K. But I don't believe it.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    asop,

Let's see if I understand this correctly:

You want us to help you price out some parts so you can go to another website to sell them?

Gunbroker forums are supported by the sales from the Auction side and you feel that this is O.K.?

Please correct me if you think I've missed something...

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I got the firearm from a neighbor along with a box of parts. Went to the other site to determine how it went together and just what all the parts were all about. In so doing I was e-mailed and asked if I'd consider selling some of the extra parts. This was a direct e-mail and not through the website. Didn't think I was doing anything objectionable here!
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    asop,

You didn't step on anyone's toes or do anything wrong exactly but I brought up the Auction side in order for you to see the curious circumstances. Not everyone is aware that the Auction side supports the Forums in total, that's all.

You might be surprised that there are some folks here that might have been a help to you in the first place also. I'm just trying to look out for the Forums, that's all.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I fully understand and appreciate your vigilance. Have a good New Year.