In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old shotgun

flyndbluflyndblu Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have an old shotgun. It's barrel is marked Strong Fire Arms Company and the receiver states A. Dickerman. Does anyone know anything about this fire arm?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, My granddad gave me a shotgun and i was hoping yall could tell me a website that would give me the history of the gun

It is a Eclipse Beauty No. 7212.0 Damascus Finish made in Belgium
    Patent No 488366
    says DECB 20, 1892 ? cant see the last # in the date
    thanks
    jd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have this old shotgun that belonged to my grandfather. I know it is not worth much but a few years ago I found out exactly what it is. On the top of the barrel just forward of the breech the engraving reads:
    Buffalo Bill Cody
    MDL 128 12 Ga 2 3/4
    Full Choke
    Patent Pending.

It is a bolt-action 12 gauge with a two shell magazine. I think it was a department store shotgun sold at either Sears or Montgomery Wards. I think it might be a Savage/Stevens.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a N R Davis Sons double barrel shotgun. No other identification on it. no s/n no pat. dates nothing. Has Damascus barrels. Original leather case for two piece brakdown with wood cleaning rods. only other ID marks are on the metal caps of the cleaning rod which is B.G.I. Co. pat. Feb. 9, 92. Can anyone identify or tell me where to find more info?? Have pictures I could e-mail if it would help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a old double barrel shot gun. It has damascus barrels and hammers you have to pull back to shoot it. The only writing on it is T.BARKER NEW YORK . Can you tell me anything about it ,when it might have been made, how much it might be worth . Its a 12 gauge.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just inherated a single shot bolt action .410 shot gun. It is marked:

Crescent Davis Arms Corp.
    Springfield, Mass
    410 Bore and Proof Tested Model 205.

I can find nothing but a brief history of the company. Any body know something about this specific model? productions years, values, anything?

Thanks

Richard
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old shotgun handed down to me from my grandfather, the only markings that I can find on it is on the right side "U.S. and an ammo marking (bomb looking thing)". It also has a circle with a P over a W stamped on top. It is a 12 ga. pump. The serial numbers are visible. I would be very greatful for any ideas. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old double barrel shotgun, engraving says A. Bladwin on one side, New Orleans LA on the other and twist belgiun on the barrel. Anyone know anything about these old shotguns? ajc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ihave an old shotgun that is called LeSuperfrancis and can't find anything out about it! Would appreciate any help thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for information on the Waltham Arms Company. I have a very old single shot 12 gauge shotgun marked as such with a patent date of either 1856 or 1866. Any inquiry leads me to the Waltham Watch Company, Waltham Mass., although I did see a vague reference to the Winchester Repeating Arms Co. It is possible it is not even from the U.S. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone have a clue to who made this old shotgun.
    the only marking is western field, its a 12 ga
    Picture011.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just given a Eclipse side by side double barrell shotgun. has the date of August 20, 1892. I is the old rabbit ear type. Made in belgium. Has nice carving in stock. Stock needs some work. Will it hurt if I redo the stock. or should I just clean it up.
    thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have been given a Hopkins & Allen Arms Co. single shot 12 gauge shotgun and am trying to find out a little info on it. This shotgun was given to me by my Grandfather and it was given to him by his Dad and I would love to know a little about the company and also try to get an approximate value on the gun.

I don't have much info due to the numbers on the shotgun being mostly worn off but here is what I do have:

Hopkins & Allen Arms Co. Norwich, Conn USA (all on the side plate).
    Numbers behind the trigger guard are a bit worn off but look to be Z8188. The barrel is 30 inches long.

I do not see any other writing (stamping) anywhere else on the gun and I know my info is very limited but and information is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HELLO, WOULD ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A STEVENS DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN #1522? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT'S WORTH AND WHEN IT WAS MADE. THANKS PAM
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have recently acquired an old shotgun but I'm not sure of it's origins or worth. It is a 16GA side-by-side hammerless double barrell, and has Fluss-Stahl Krupp-Essen on both barrells. Under the barrells is stamped, Gustloff Werke Waffewerke Suml. Can you tell me more about it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any ideas?
    S#358699
    12G
    Have to pull back on the trigger guard to break it over.
    Not for sale,but would like to know worth.
    Left to me by a deceased brother so it'll be left to my son.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have an enders royal service dbl brl shotgun with exposed rabbit ear hammers would like to know where i can get info on it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old shot I need info on. It is a single shot 12 ga. with the following name on the side. "NEW DUQUESNE" the serial number is 11254. Any info would be a great help thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We have come across a 12 gauge single shot breakover hammer shotgun, the only mark on the shotgun is "World's Fair" and the serial number is 225992. The total barrel length is 30 inches. Do you know anything about this make of shotgun, or do you know of a website where we can find some information? Thanks for your time

Landon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have just acquired an old muzzle loading 12 guage shotgun. It says George Newton on both sides of the receiver and London Stub Twist between the barrels. It is in really bad shape but appears to be complete even with the ram rod. Does any one know about this shotgun and is anyone interested in it? I am a rifle guy, not really interested in restoring a shotgum

Be aware that to make that statement in this forum means that you are going to GIVE IT AWAY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just acquired an old muzzle loading shotgun. It appears to be a 20 guage. All I got was the stock with triggers, no locks, the part that the barrels hook onto and the barrels. On the barrels it says BASS LONDON in gold letters. The metal piece that the barrel hook in to is engraved and has some gold looking area on it. This shotgun is in very bad shape, but if anyone may be interested in it let me know. I have no interest in fixing it up

Be aware that to make that statement in this forum means that you are going to GIVE IT AWAY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a double barrel 12ga shotgun by Hopkins & Allen in real good condition, exposed side hammers, no model number with ser. #26272. Any knowledge about the gun, date of manufacture, and the value. Please advise if you can
    Thanks in advance, Neil55@juno.com
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your interested in shooting it once before getting rid of it, have the barrels checked[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This shotgun is not shootable, its rusty and not usable without restoration. I got it in order to get some stuff I really wanted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is my first forum post so thanks for the information. My hope was to find out if it has any value and also to not expect much for it. I would rather see someone use it than just let it deteriorate more than it is now.