In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leupold & Tasco stuff

Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
I put this over on the GD forums, originally, but, I don't think I'm any help/should have come here first.

Here's what's over there:

So, I could use some help, and advice, even if it's bad advice. [:D]

I have a Leupold base, and rings (Tasco), for a Mini-14. AFAIK, the rings are correct for the base, but I do not know for sure. FWIW, I have two sets of these...

Secondly, I have a Leupold base, and rings, for S&W's K, L, & N frame revolvers.

I don't know if there's a market for what I have, but I need to get on the board, as a seller, so I can sell some rifles. Essentially, I'd like to have a good reputation, so I do well on the price...

Oh, these are new, but, OLD stock. I don't know how old they are, but I'm guessing that they're older than Mr. Perfect's underwear. [:p]

Mini-14 stuff:

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6938.jpg

S&W stuff:

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

Pressing issue, with regards to the Mini-14 stuff: will those rings work with that base?

Pressing issue, with regards to the S&W stuff, is it worth the time, and effort, to create an auction for it? If it's worth a buck, or two, nah, it's not worth the effort, IMO.

Comments

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your Tasco rings are not the right ones for that Leupold base.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I listed it as such. I decided to give the rings to whomever wins the auction though, figuring it was best to get them gone, and to get them into the hands of somebody that might want them.

When I was taking the pictures, I thought that they didn't look right. But, I've been wrong before.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,981 ******
    edited November -1
    TASCO had thier own line of rings/bases bofore they 'went under' in the 1990's. the rings are for those bases
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, after some research, these appear to be right for the base:

IMG_6971.jpg

It doesn't seem to get any more clear than that, I think.

Here's what the auction looks like (one of them -- as I have two sets)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=317136628
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeap, that"s what I said. If you look close at the Tasco rings ,you may see the word, "Austria". I have Leupold bases with the same script on them. When installed correctly the Tasco World class rings are great.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    Yeap, that"s what I said. If you look close at the Tasco rings ,you may see the word, "Austria". I have Leupold bases with the same script on them. When installed correctly the Tasco World class rings are great.

Yeah, I wouldn't have moved forward, if you hadn't of said something. [:)]