In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Locust Fork's model 12

lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
What are the expert's opinions on this very nice Model 12?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=317113392

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a appears to be quality, skilled, aftermarket, gunsmith work with custom wood and engraving. The doofus who didn't wipe the receiver after handling it, leaving those marks should be made to wear a dunce cap.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Looks like a great shotgun, I love the english stock, great wood, the engraving also looks very well done. The only issue I have with that gun is that it is a 12 GA, I personally prefer 410, 28 or 20 in a finegun.

But Kasey could have wiped it off a little better
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    My guess wood is all original to gun and was refinshed when they did the engraving, the wood lost its "proudness". Nice job.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got to watch this one, Mod 12's do something to me, I don't just look at'em, I use'em too. Any quesses to the final $ ? [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Great shotgun engraving and wood but who taught the guy that fit the recoil pad toe [V][V]

EDITin my opinion the butt plate or recoil pad should be a continuation of the line of the BUTT stock both Heel and Toe line the toe on this makes a straight line from pistol grip to end of the wood about 20 degrees from angle of the barrels and then turns up 20 degrees or so to go straight back . I have never seen a high grade gun come from factory with this angle change when it gets to the recoil pad . [?][?]
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Great shotgun engraving and wood but who taught the guy that fit the recoil pad toe [V][V]
    I see nothing wrong with the pad, what am I missing ? Teach me something "shooter" I do like learning [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    I see nothing wrong with the pad, what am I missing ? Teach me something "shooter" I do like learning [;)]

IMO, the recoil pad 'toe' looks good. It's just when you look at the farther away pics the shadow makes it look like it doesn't line up. When you see the close-ups, it does.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Toe looks off by a 1/16th to me. To those bidding, you can thank me for not competing. Not my cuppa.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Toe looks off by a 1/16th to me. To those bidding, you can thank me for not competing. Not my cuppa.

Which also brings to mind, is that an original pad even?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It looks quite nice but 20 gauge would be ideal with the straight English stock.