In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22 Magazine .... ID Help

gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
Been in miscellaneous drawer for a long time.. Need an ID ...
Well made 22 magazine.. One feature that may help is it has a long tail on the back of the follower. Aluminum follower...

DSC00125.jpg
DSC00129.jpg
DSC00127.jpg
DSC00126.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My WAG, Star Model F. Not particularly common here in the States, either the pistol or the magazine. Firearms International used to import them in the 50's/60's time frame. After FI folded Garcia and Interarms imported Star pistols. I don't believe either imported the F Model 22 though.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't ring a bell with my Star, but it's been many years. Maybe?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RCrosby
    Doesn't ring a bell with my Star, but it's been many years. Maybe?

This is a Star Model F, .22. They havn't been imported since the 60's.

749406_Img4182.jpg
  • Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    My WAG, Star Model F. Not particularly common here in the States, either the pistol or the magazine. Firearms International used to import them in the 50's/60's time frame. After FI folded Garcia and Interarms imported Star pistols. I don't believe either imported the F Model 22 though.
    With your information I found information on the web which confirms you have identified my magazine... If is it not asking too much what model did same configuration magazine only shorter than the one pictured? The magazine is 11/16" shorter and holds 9 rounds .. The Floor plate is at a different angle too... Must be Star... Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gnprts
    Originally posted by rufe-snow

With your information I found information on the web which confirms you have identified my magazine... If is it not asking too much what model did same configuration magazine only shorter than the one pictured? The magazine is 11/16" shorter and holds 9 rounds .. The Floor plate is at a different angle too... Must be Star... Thanks

It's really hard to say. They made so many different models over the years they were in business. If it's 22 rimfire, might be FM or FR? Many of 32's they made used the same basic receiver as the 22 rimfire, perhaps could be one of those?
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe-snow,
    Thanks for the great picture and reminding me of another one that I never should have let go! As I recall mine was the spittin' image of the F you picture and was as accurate as any of other nice .22 auto's in my stable at the time.
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you ruled out the French Uniques? They looked the same.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mcaso
    you ruled out the French Uniques? They looked the same.

The Unique Corsairs that Sears and others imported and sold in the 50's, had magazine release on the butt of the grip. As per this photo.

060077.jpg