In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

16 shot revolver??

asopasop Member Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
I think it is a 16 shot 38 revolver? Anyone heard of this one? Who is the manufacturer and has there been any fed back on this? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you think is a 16 shot revolver?

There were a number of monster revolvers from 10 to 30 shots in the late 19th century. Most were made in Belgium by small companies that did not brand their products.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen pic's of double loaded cap and ball cylinders (spooky). I saw pic's a double row cylinder for some centerfire wheel gun.

Sounds heavy and slow for reloads.
  • Options
    JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    16 shots are for wimps! Real men shoot 20 shot revolvers [:)]

20shot1.jpg

20shotlook.jpg

20shotHDH4.JPG
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Similar revolvers have been around since the percussion models that Sam Colt and others started making in the 2nd quarter of the 19th Century.

They have proved impractical because of the diameter and weight of the cylinder required.

They are classed by collectors as "Firearms Curiosa", and some are quite valuable to a collector who specializes in this field.

I don't see a modern made 16 shot 38 Special revolver being any more practical/saleable then any of it's 19th Century forbears.

165014773816581693_TUsRepw8_c.jpg
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JohnnyBGood
    16 shots are for wimps! Real men shoot 20 shot revolvers [:)]

20shot1.jpg

20shotlook.jpg

20shotHDH4.JPG
    WOW
  • Options
    stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If any of you have any doubts, just count out 16 or 20 .38 or .45 caliber cartridges, put them in a cloth bundle and heft them in your hand....then to this, add the weight of a revolver. Just try to hold something of that weight on target with one hand, not to say just carrying it on your hip!