In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How did I do?

FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
Yesterday, I stopped by my favorite gun shop and bought this;

1 Ruger 10-22 w/stainless steel barrel and synthetic stock

1 Hogue over molded rubber stock

1 25 round Butler Creek banana magazine

total price $315.00 out the door.

Did I do okay or did I get took?

I know I could have bought the rifle cheaper at Wal-mart but I felt better buying from Mickey since he is a good friend. He also has a range out back so you can test fire firearms or just shoot a new rifle or pistol before you get it home.

Bode

P.S. I did notice also that he had several boxes of 5mm mag. ammo and it was priced at $21.00 a box if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Awhile back I bought a 1976 Winchester M-94 in VG for $350. Just a couple of weeks later I acquired in a trade another 1972 M-94. Not quite as nice as the 76, but IMO in Good + condition. Basically had about $100. in this one.
    Yesterday I traded them both for a 1957 M-94 in VG condition. I'm pretty tickled. What say you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boutht a Winchester mdl 94 30.30AE from a neighbor down the road today, her husband passed away about 5 years ago and she just found it today. I don't know much about these but I seen about a million on the auctiions. Looks brand new, blueing is all there,wood has no dents or scratches, has 20in barrel. The serial number is 54880XX, need help with dom or a link where to find it. Paid $165.00, did I do allright? Thanks. Does AE mean angle eject? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a AMT .380 BackUp N.I.B for $175.00 + 7% sales tax + $20.00 Shipping = $207.25 delivered to my door from a dealer closeout. No FFL transfer because it's in state, just back ground check. I downloaded the form #4473 myself and scanned my drivers and CCW license and sent it to the seller. And that's all that was needed.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just got a new DPMS bull sweet 16 for 860 including shipping, it comes with 2 30 round magazines, a sling, and a cleaning kit. I'm new to AR's but I did my research and it seemed like a good deal.

Do you think I did allright?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About right or a little better. I have a couple of '58s in VG or a bit better at about $425-$450 3-4 years ago.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No opinion on collection wise, how did or do they shoot?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    No opinion on collection wise, how did or do they shoot?

All shoot good.