In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

left hand safety-10/22

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
Are these available--or can the existing safety be switched?

Comments

• Options
    jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $12 tactical inc. other companies too. suggest you do the trigger also , standard 10/22 triggers and terrible. everything is available for a 10/22 , maybe even a Bluetooth!
    Before you go off and do it consider this, being left handed myself I have found it possible to operate many semi auto rifle and shotguns with the safety OFF CHAMBER EMPTY. I simply push the bolt release with my right hand keeping my left hand in position around the grip, and the action closes on a round. In many ways safer, and actually faster for shooting cause your trigger hand finger is in position , I do this with pumps too, safety off, action open, pump back , and simply slide the action forward. I got this way by having a model 12 as a kid and I detested the safety and loved the gun.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I rotate my grip and use my left hand thumb on take off safeties on Rugers and Remingtons.
  • Options
    Joes Custom GunsJoes Custom Guns Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would post a picture of a GRIP on a 10/22 stock, that you have ROTATED?
    I just had an request for a left-hand 10/22 and would like see as many options as I can.

quote:Originally posted by drobs
    I rotate my grip and use my left hand thumb on take off safeties on Rugers and Remingtons.