In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Update, firing pin extension

onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
This is what I have learned. Seems like the bolt can be assembled 2 ways, right and wrong. The wrong way allows the firing pin to protrude much further than normal. However, if assembled this wrong way, the safety is immoble. There is your indicator that something is wrong. Assembled correctly, the safety works as advertised. I fired the little carbine with reduced loads of cast lead paper patched bullets without a hitch. Firing pin depressions are normal. Again, thank you all for your inputs.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the update on the bolt. Did you get anything on the bbl loose spot?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you received it from CZ as a replacement for the previous one(s) with the bad barrels, was the bolt assembled correctly?
  • Options
    onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent a letter to the factory in Czechoslovakia explaining the problem in detail along with the three serial numbers. I recieved no answer.

The carbine came properly assembled from the distributor. It was I that improperly reassembled the bolt during cleaning.

Thanks again for your interest.